Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Start of Something New

I once again had a fairly major health scare.  I'm not getting into it but it may have finally cemented the fact that the lifestyle I'm leading is not going lend itself to many more years of life.  I look at my kids and I wonder if I'm going to be around when they grow up and start families of their own.  I look at my husband and realize that if I don't start making some sort of changes, he will have to live out his golden years by himself.  I look at the life around me and think how it would suck if I didn't get to participate in it anymore.

I started the 21 Day Fix and did fairly well on it.  I wouldn't say it was easy by any means but it was doable once I got the hang of it.  I ended up losing 5 pounds fairly quickly and I was feeling good!!  I don't have an exact reason or pinpoint for why I stopped doing it, but I did.  And all the progress went away.

Then the new health scare.

Now I know what you might be thinking because I would think the same thing if I read a blog where the owner couldn't get their shit together.  Why would I continue to write a health and fitness blog when I can't seems to succeed at either?  Well...I continue because giving up is not an option.  I know that one day, something will catapult me to succeed.  The desire is there, it's just that the willpower lacks sometimes.

In an effort to hold myself accountable I started looking into Beachbody coaching again. I met a friend of my sister who is a very active Beachbody coach and she holds monthly challenges.  I decided that I needed to be in her group and participate in a challenge.  I'm sure this will help me stay involved and working hard.  To do the challenge the requirement is that you own 21 Day Fix and that you purchase a month supply of Shakeology.  Since I already owned 21 Day Fix the only missing piece was the Shakeology.  I had tried Shakeology (that sample you get with any program you order) and wasn't a big fan of the taste BUT that was probably because I sampled the chocolate flavor and to tell you the truth, I'm not going to enjoy chocolate because that's not me.  I did FEEL better on Shakeology though so I decided to order the Tropical Strawberry flavor.  I imagine it tasting kinda like Strawberry milk, but probably not.  lol

Long story short, I ended up becoming a coach, ordered a Challenge pack (with the Brazilian Butt Lift program), and I'm starting the "Beach Bum" challenge tomorrow.  21 day from tomorrow I have the goal of being down 10-15 pounds but more importantly I hope to have established a habit of exercising and eating clean. 

Who knows where the Beachbody coaching opportunity will take me.  For now I'm a discount/hobby coach looking to get on the road to better health for myself.  

Follow along on this blog for updates on how its going, tips and tricks I discover along the way, and whatever else comes up.  I WILL finish the 21 days if it kills me.  You can do anything for 21 days, right?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment