Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Obligatory New Years Resolutions

Bye Bye 2015

I started working on the 2015 reflections a few days back and then ended up realizing that the reflections were actually going to gear toward small business owners and their advancements.  Soooo...I only reflected for two days but I think I still got the gist of what I needed to figure out. 

It really boils down to me wanting to get healthy and lose 50 pounds but not being willing to put in the work. Yea, there's that small detail.  Getting dicouraged when things don't happen quickly was also a theme. Having set backs basically made me give up in the past. And that negative self talk telling me I can't do it with a sprinkle of excuses keeps me from moving forward.

Now we are really early into the new year (day 1 to be exact) but I'm feeling pretty confident that I can do things differently this time around.  

Tools that I will be using to get to goal this year:
- staying in touch with blogs, FB accounts, IG'ers, etc. that I find inspirational.  And not just stalking, interacting.
- keeping the blog up to date as my accountability journal
- joining challenges (more on that below)
- keeping a food journal through MFP
- promise to myself that whatever workout program I start (currently PIYO) that I will finish it.
- small goals by the month, not daunting thoughts of "Omg, I have so much weight to lose its going to take me forever!" (<-- I think this always made me fail before)
- if one thing doesn't work, try another, just don't give up all together

I mention that one of my success tools is going to be keeping up with blogs, IG'ers, etc.  One of my biggest inspirations comes from following others on Instagram.  Seeing their food posts, weigh ins for a loss, workout snippets, and so on really gives me the push to try harder.  Many IG'ers with tons of followers also host different challenges. Yesterday I signed up for a Diet Bet with I Lost Big And So Can You.  She has lost just under 100 pounds with Weight Watchers. Her Diet Bet was $35 with the premise that I'll lose 4% of my body weight in the next 4 weeks.  If I lose it, I'll get my money back plus extra.  There will also be challenges and interactions throughout the bet.  I think that this Diet Bet might just be what I need to get started.  I could use extra makeup money and I just so happens that the bet would end right around my birthday. Perfect timing!

I think it's important to remember that I'll probably be hungry many nights.  I'll probably want to eat giant cheeseburgers and fries on occasion.  I'll definitely be sore from workouts since I've just been sitting on my ass for the last year. There will be tough days and roadblocks!  I'm not thinking that this is going to be easy but my job is to keep pushing forward, in small increments, to get to my ultimate goal. 

2016 Resolutions:
- lose 8 pounds by the end of January (new goal to be set at the beginning of February).
- be a better wife and mom by being more present and spending quality time with my people.
- make a work place change, grow my skills, speak up to get what I need.
- save money, get out of debt, and live a minimalistic life. Needs, not wants!

Looks like I have some work to do!  What are your resolutions?




1 comment: