Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

December Beauty Favorites

I triple heart love blogs about makeup, hair and beauty products.  I follow a ton of them and my tastes are pretty mild but obsessed nevertheless.  One of my favorite things to do is peruse makeup blogs (and Pinterest boards <---check out my board) for the latest and greatest beauty items.  I also love to read the monthly beauty favorites some bloggers post sooo....I decided to try the same thing here. For fun and because I fing feel like it.  Enjoy.

Let's talk about some of these beauties!



Maskcara IIID Foundation pallet.  This thing is my ultimate favorite.  It is customizable with refillable magnetic pans.  I originally started out with the Sunlit foundation but it ended up being too yellow for my skin so I switched to White Peach.  I also have the Walnut contour, Honey highlighter and Pink Grapefruit blush (plus Jem and Dahlia).  This current combination is working out really well for me.  The brush is also awesome and makes application a breeze.  Check out this tutorial over at The Small Things Blog on how to apply this to perfection.  The only thing that would make this line better is if they put names on the back of the pans so I'd know what I need to re-order when I run out.



Tarte Showstopper and Tarte Tartlette pallets.  I never really went for the Tarte brand before but started getting interested when I recently saw some reviews for the Tartlette in Bloom pallet.  I ordered a Smashbox pallet when I had my $20 off of $50 at Sephora recently and ended up not liking the Smashbox pallet at all.  I went to my Sephora store with the intention of exchanging the Smashbox pallet for the Tartlette in Bloom but they were sold out so I settled (reluctantly) on the original Tartlette pallet.  Well...it turned out that this pallet is becoming a fast favorite.  I'm currently into the no makeup, makeup look and I reach for this pallet over any of my Urban Decay Naked palettes daily.  I'm in LOVE!  The Showstopper pallet is also perfection.  I picked this one up on Black Friday and got the pallet for around $30.  I love it because it's an all in one pallet.  You have a contour shade, highlighter, blush and 6 beautiful shadows (matte and shimmer).  I have definitely been converted and am now a huge Tarte fan.  I'll definitely be picking up more items from this brand!


These items happen to be my favorite, used everyday, products.  The Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded is beautiful.  I use this by itself or under my powder shadow and it makes everything stay put, no primer needed.  The MAC single eyeshadow in Brun is excellent for eyebrows. Maskcara talks and blogs about this in nearly every tutorial as being the best eyebrow shadow and I have to agree.  It matches well and stays right were you apply it.  It also makes a great powder eyeliner.  The L'oreal La Lacque Lipstick in shade #201 is the perfect fall color.  It gives a nice berry stain with a bit (but not too much) shine.  I love that it doubles as a lip liner too.

Finally (and sorry for not having a separate pic of the cream) is the Philosophy Whipped Body Creme in Amazing Grace.  I've loved this fragrance for some time now.  I ordered the cream just to get my cart total to $50 at Sephora but it has turned out to be a good buy.  As I said, I love the fragrance, it lasts all day.  The cream itself is saving my dry skin right now, too.  (this one might be discontinued though...*tear)

I'd say that covers my absolute favorites for this past month.  Here are the things I have my eye on for January:

Living Proof Happy Hair Days Kit:  This kit has all the things I want to try from the line.  Perfect Hair Shampoo/Conditioner, 5 in 1 Styling treatment, Overnight Perfector and Dry Shampoo.  I keep hearing great things about this line but don't want to drop the big bucks (it's not cheap) until I know if the stuff is worth it.  This kit would let me try this stuff out first.

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage Foundation (why are these names so long?):  I already ordered this with a gift card I got for Christmas.  I had a sample that seemed to really work well so I bought the full size.  Can't wait to try it throughout January!  On another note, this item is probably the first item I bought based off of a sample.

I'd also love the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop and Becca Backlight Priming Filter but that's getting a little out of control.  These have both been on my list for months but I always end up going with something else when I order beauty items at Sephora. I'll eventually make up my mind to get these and then they will be discontinued (at least one is limited edition).  Wahhh!

Things I need recommendations on:

Anyone reading have a recommendation for a good primer?  Or a facial cleanser/toner that minimizes pores?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment